Cities in Himachal Pradesh
Most popular cities / Town in Himanchal Pradesh are:
01. Shimla — the state capital and
once the summer capital of the British Raj, it is a cool and
charming Himalaya outpost. Major attractions are Jakhoo Hills,
British era buildings, Mall road, The Ridge, IIAS, Potters Hill,
Tara Devi. It is a largest city in Himachal Pradesh. There are lots
of hotels with big names. It can be reached by train, bus and plane.
02. Bir — a small town with a large Tibetan community and several
03. Dalhousie — a sleepy little town which retains its Victorian
04. Dharamsala — the home of the Dalai Lama and India's largest
Tibetan community, and a major Buddhist center
05. Kullu — District HQ of kullu district, a few km south of Manali.
Manali is tehsil of Kullu district.
06. Manali — a buzzing and popular hill station, it's one of the
hubs for travel around this part of the Himalaya
07. Jogindernagar — popularly known as Electric City or The City of
Powerhouses, the town has scenic hill resorts and tourist
08. Keylong — a small town and HQ of Lahul & Spiti district. It lies
on way from Manali to Leh. Last petrol pump (gas station) of
Manali-Leh highway is here, next petrol pump is at Leh, which is
nearly 350 km away.
09. Bilaspur — District HQ of Bilaspur district. First city in
himachal pradesh on way to Manali. Main attraction is GovindSagar
Lake. It's hot in summer and cold in winters.
10. Sundernagar — first town of Mandi District on way to Manali.
Main attraction is Sundernagar Lake.
11. Mandi — District HQ of Mandi district. Major town. Main
attraction is revalsar lake