Places to see in Punjab
Tourism is a swiftly expanding area
and many analysts predict huge potential. Tourism of Punjab is
principally suited for the tourist interested in culture,
civilization, spirituality and epic history. More specifically
tourism is particularly suited for the person who is interested in
epic history, the celebrated Punjabi culture, royal Punjabi palaces,
historic battles and of course the world-renowned examples of Sikh
Architecture, shrines and temples.
Places to see in Punjab are ;
- Golden Temple, Amritsar.
- The Royal Punjabi Palaces and
monuments of Patiala.
- Purana Quilla in Bathinda.
- Wagha Border.
- Bhakra Nangal Dam across the
- Mehdiana Sahib Gurudwara.
- The Gurudwaras and historic
monuments at Anandpur Sahib.
- Hussaini Wala Border, Ferozpur.
- Chandigarh, the modern city
designed by French architect Le Corbusier.
- The Royal Punjabi Palaces of
- Historic monuments in Fatehgarh
Saheb, Chamkaur Saheb and Sirhind, which saw a lot of action
during Guru Gobind Singh's time as the 10th Guru of Sikhism.
- Historic monuments in Nabha and
- Ancient Fort at Bathinda, in
- The Gurudwara Bhabour Sahib, a
Sikh place of worship, as well as several other holy places and an
Ashram are located at Nangal.
- Shahpur kandi fort and Madhopur
headworks near Pathankot.
- Ancient Buddhist and Hindu
archeological sites at Sanghol in Fatehgarh Sahib and Dholbaha in
Hoshiarpur district respectively.
- Indus Valley civilization site
Gurdwara Nanaksar and Gurdwara Mehdiana Sahib at Jagraon